egg turner motor

Quote:
The first incubator that I made turn automatically was an old Buckeye that had double rows of trays (I think it was a 15000 egg capacity) They were mounted much as the Sportsman trays are mounted with rods through the top for turning the racks. This was a long time ago in the late 50s and I don't remember all the details but I think I used a 1RPM 1/4 hp Dayton Gearmotor on each rack with a single clock motor controling the two gear motors. I personally would not use a rotisserie motor simply because I don't trust them. Use industrial type components if possible. With a little ingenuity you should be able to convert your Petersime. I have never actually seen the incubator that you are talking about but I'm sure that it can be converted. This is what I do, create solutions. Too bad you're not closer we would have that thing up and running in a couple of days

if i get this right the timer motor turns all the time which in turn turns the motor that turns the eggs, off and on why not let it turn all the time like the turner in hovabtor.

turnerdiagramtq5.jpg

Here is a diagram of the GQF turner.

yup, just does the same thing as independently pivoting racks, just alot less hardware. It takes up more space to do the same thing, but is much simpler. The handle on the right is the manual turner.

Back
Top Bottom