egg turner motor

Does anyone know the shaft size on the GQF drive motor?

If I could find a replacement motor with about 4x the strength for under 80$ that would be awesome.

If I can get this working well I hope to manufacture similar incubators with 3x the capacity of the GQF at not much more of a price. I'm out of work and am in the process of buying a job (I hope). Wish me luck with my hatchery 8)

Quote:
The Grainger site shows the specs on the GQF motor. It is a 5/16 shaft. If everything is kept well balanced you shouldn't need too much of a motor. Why not put an inch/pounds torque wrench on your assembly, and measure the turning force? This will give you an idea of the size of motor needed.

Yes it is 1/250 HP and provides 50 in/lbs of torque. If a person knows what the turning force of the assembly is and the ratio of any gear reduction after the motor that would at least be a start to picking the correct size motor.

The drive motor for the GQF is something like 1/250th of a hp.

When I called GQF the lady was very rude today. I asked her the specs of the drive motor so i could use the assembly with a larger motor and the first thing she did was raise her voice and respond with" I'm sorry sir I must immediately flag you, If you buy a turner from GQF you will not be able to return it. I do not have any of the information sir." When I asked her to check she just said someone though it was something like 1rpm~

I spoke with another man with dickey incubators which is a distributor and he's the one that told me 1/250th of a HP (not sure if thats right but whatever).

Cutler supply read the sticker for me, but I think she picked up the timer motor because it was 1-240rpm (one dash two fourty is what she said).

I figured with it being in balance with a bearing it wouldn't need much but the guy with dickey incubators said it wouldn't work. I tried to get back in contact with him when I had a better set of questions but he was unavailable.

Its hard to get people to tell you how to make an incubator because most of them sell them for a living~

Back
Top Bottom