Egg Turner Question

willow_lane

In the Brooder
10 Years
Oct 19, 2009
Pennsylvania
Tomorrow is day 15 for my quail eggs. What opinions are there on what to do with the egg turner? Should I just unplug it and leave the eggs in it, or should I remove the turner and place the eggs on the bottom of the bator?

Also I will take any advice for the hatching period. Thanks

well i used one and it was awsome really good hatching rate just take it out 3 or 4 days before they hatch
thumbsup.gif
smile.png
)

I don't have a fancy egg turner, but if I did, I would take it out and set the eggs on the wire, up the humidity to +50%, and enter lock-down mode.

Take the turner put & put a piece of something on top of the wire for a couple days. I use a piece of carboard . saves on feet & helps survival rate . & you can just throw the carboard away when done . Make shure that the hatchlings can't get under the cardboard they will hide under it & die .

If you have a still air(no fan) then make sure eggs stay at the same hight. DONT put anything slick in there or they will get slip tenons. Need good footing. fine wire is ok.

good luck on your hatch!!!!!!!!

remove from turner if you can keep then at the same hight or have a forced air incubator.

Back
Top Bottom