Eggbid registration

Quote:
Perhaps that's the key to improving auction attention- new and occasional users and lurkers (the numbers must be mind-boggling due to the trend of chickening) may not know about the auctions, or they might feel nervous about going head-long into the auctions here when still getting to know this community. Maybe if there was a big, bright, shiny button at the top (more prominent than the other tabs up there) for auctions, then the paradigm shift could occur to MAKE BYC an intentional destination for shopping?!

It's all about the psychology. People go to ebay to shop, and no other reason. I kinda-get-around-to-maybe-looking-cuz-i'm-here shop on BYC.

Give me a big button that catches my eye when I get here, and I'm clicking it- see?

And occasional users and newbies scarcely get away from just clicking Search because they have a specific need, or Recent Posts because that's where the party is.

Many of us here are ADHD. Shiny is our favorite color!

I agree with the big shiny button at the top, and the auctions being at the bottom of the message board doesn't help either. When I was a first time user I had no clue that there were auctions on this site. It's hard to list your stock from high dollar birds and only make enough to cover the food you've invested in them. I would love to see more auctions on BYC considering everyone on this sight is a chicken fanatic.

i have an eggbid account but mine is with a free aol account just for email.
wink.png

it is the only free email i know it will except.

scott lives about 5 miles from me. i don't think he even monitors eggbid now since him and kelly have their own website. i think him and tim split and tim kept eggbid. but ur right from being a member i don't remember monitoring for about 2 years now. i don't get emails back either. however eggbid says- last updated: 05/24/2010, 21:37:32 Eastern Time . so someone somewhere has logged on to update. there is a link for retrieveing ur password here- http://www.eggbid.com/registration/findpassword.cfm

I haven't bid on but just one auction there.It took me a while to figure out the whole thing too.I had yahoo and hotmail.It wouldn't let me register.I finaly wised up and got an msn(which is my dail up provider) email address just to get one there.Im not sure how they are doing it now.I didn't have any problem's once I got in and I did win my showgirl silkie egg's.I have checked a lot on OVABID, and Look at the egg's put up for bid here too.I just can't afford anything right now:(.Hope they get it fixed for the newbie's trying to get on there. Im sure it's much cheaper listing here I used to sell mine on Ebay baaaaaa the bloodsucker's FEES FEES. I just want a few more showgirls and a couple turkey's.Holding off till next month see how thing's go here.Better than it has been I sure hope.Good luck everyone.

I tried to get an account there as well, with three different email accounts (including my DH's) to no avail! I love to shop the auctions here on BYC because I find the people more reliable and trustworthy, but it's true there is not the same selection here. I would LOVE a larger variety of bantam eggs other than cochins and silkies. I am DYING for some bantam wyandottes.

Quote:
Although there are gazillions of users here, and likely just as many occasional lurkers, there is often better traffic at eBay and specific traffic at eggbid. Maybe 'better' isn't the word- I think I'm looking to say that more intentional traffic exists at other auction sites, whereas we're on BYC for camaraderie, friendship, entertainment, research, coaching, etc. Auctions are a nice plus, but when I want to go shopping, I find the traffic at these other locations is heavier, thus more to choose from- and I do look at BYC first.

I'd also love to have a link to the auctions somewhere other than scrolling down to another topic- I'm sure as you evolve the site it's going to see other manifestations.

I trust our folks and feel good about the auctions here, but I generally earn more elsewhere, because if I'm offering something boring or unusual I'm getting more hits out there. It might get ignored here for various reasons.

I AGREE. If there was a BIG BUTTON on the top of the page that said auction I'm sure more people would list their birds here. I found the auction page on accident and when i took a look theres a real small selection. If there was a page that was just for auction more people would list stuff and when they google chicken or poultry auction BYC would show up as well as a hit

Quote:
Hi Nifty! You've done a fabulous job with this site. As far as your above question....

I definitely do check out the BYC auctions but:
#1. There are way too many "pick up only" auctions -- too bad they can't have their own category!
#2. The format is a bit jumbled and hard to follow.
#3. I didn't even realize there WAS an auction section for a long time because it's too hidden.

Last edited:
I've heard so many complaints about eggbid - the lack of support, dishonest buyers and sellers, misrepresented auctions, etc, etc. I've never bid on anything there and never will - it sounds like a headache.

I've always bought all my hatching eggs from BYC members and haven't been burned, yet.
clap.gif

Back
Top Bottom