Eggs are not hatching

Bradleyb

Chirping
8 Years
Dec 3, 2011
I have a GQF incubator and I’m having problems with the eggs not hatching. I candle the eggs, keep the fertile eggs and on the 18th day I take them off the turner and move them to the bottom of the incubator. The last batch I only had one out of 10 hatch. I could see where some of them had tried peeping their way out and didn’t make it. Can someone help me with this? problem?

If the temperature was off, would they incubate? These were fine till the last few days

What have you been keeping your humidity at? Have you been opening the ones that don't hatch to try to figure out what went wrong? If so, have you been seeing that they have liquid in them, or look very dry?

I have had chicks do something like your talking about, but I hatched them out before I lost them. It was because the humidity was not high enough and they got shrink wrapped. In a case like shrink wrapped chicks you either help or you let them die there is no way a shrink wrapped chick will get out on their own. I have heard/read people saying they won't help a shrink wrapped chick because they think the chick is of poor stock if it can't get out when in reality no chick would be able to get out of that shell.

What have you been keeping your humidity at? Have you been opening the ones that don't hatch to try to figure out what went wrong? If so, have you been seeing that they have liquid in them, or look very dry?
I’ve kept the temperature at 99.9-100 the whole time. I have not been opening the dead ones

Back
Top Bottom