Eggs Develop Too Fast

No strange smells or sweating. Would it work if I just stopped rotating the eggs when I start to hear pipping?

I know this isn’t what you want to hear but here goes. You said you have veining still in the eggs. That means they are alive. I would stay the course of a normal 21 day hatch cycle and lock down on the 18th day. Too many times I see people overthinking the hatching and it drives them crazy. Do your part with temp/humidity and they will do their part if they are destined to hatch.

I hatch a helleva lot of eggs and this is how it has gone with 252 chicken eggs in one of my cabinets that were all set on 1-5-2019. Cabinet was running and stable. Loaded eggs. I walk by that cabinet a couple times a day and glance at temp/humidity. I still haven’t opened it or done anything. They will be moved to hatchers tomorrow and locked down. I will then do a quick down and dirty candle removing any clears or blood rings and I’ll walk away again. Chicks hatch.

I loaded quail eggs in another cabinet on 1-11 and 1-18. Same thing. I’ll lockdown around the 14th day and walk away just monitoring temp/humidity.

It’s exciting I know and especially rough for people new to incubating. I truly enjoy still watching chicks hatch and I’ve been doing this way longer than the internet has been around. But ive learned patience is key, it’s a team effort.

Last edited:
I agree, if you're seeing veins then things are still progressing.
I also agree you should stay the course and continue a normal incubation cycle.
The only way your eggs could be farther along is if they were being brooded long before you gathered.
You are still seeing movement so that rules out the other possibility your temperature is much too high and they've cooked.
All you can do is carry on and see what happens.:)

Just another thing I wanted to share, my eggs are extremely small for chicken eggs. They are a little smaller then quail eggs, with the exception of one or two larger ones. I think things will still work out though.

Back
Top Bottom