Eggs not pipped yet. Is it too late?

ProudRedneck

Songster
Apr 11, 2022
Fruit Cove/St Augustine FL
Daffy has been sitting on a dozen eggs and I'm getting a bit concerned that they haven't hatched or even pipped yet. Her oldest egg was laid 4/1/2023 and her youngest was laid on 4/12/2023. She had older eggs, that I removed, so she has been committed even before 4/1 egg was laid. I thought we would have Cinco de Mayo babies but here I am posting because there has been no action. I candled all eggs two days ago on Friday the 5th and I seen air sacs in all and movement in most. Am I just being impatient?

When did she start sitting? Mulards usually hatch around day 32, if I read correctly (actually researched that today!)
If I recall correctly, she was committed prior to the ones I left with her which was nothing older than 4/1. I candled again yesterday when she came off the nest and I saw movement in all so I'm sure I'm just off on the days. I'm also noting she is coming off the nest twice a day for the last two days. I hope she's not trying to give up. She is still broody AF and cute as can be when she's like this. I'm probably just being impatient since I am on the edge of my seat to experience this since I missed out on her last brood

The days are counted from when they are sitting day and night (unless the eggs were added later). Mulards have an estimated hatch time, like Muskovies, but shorter only 32 days or so sounds right. That is longer than mallard derived ducks for both mother and father would take to hatch.

They have pipped !!!!:celebrate:wee
20230510_201527.jpg

20230510_200717.jpg

20230510_200838.jpg

20230510_200919.jpg

Back
Top Bottom