Hatch-Along - Eggs set in November, due December, anyone?

WTG snowpetals chicks... hope all the 15 make it out
fl.gif

katsdar what do you mean: "I'm a little afraid to ask about the microwave"?

Hi Candyman,
Chicknlove said they have a microwave that is going to be used for the next project. Well we are hatching in this project, what will we do with the microwave, it congers up many thoughts and some are not pleasant, lol, just trying to be funny.

hahahaaha, btw that was my thought to use up that microwave, Chicknlove said she is saving up for a new "hovabator"
I'm located in Islamabad, Pakistan. It's Wednesday, 28 November 2012, 15:53:30 PKT here.
Standard time zone: UTC/GMT +5 hours

Last edited:
I think the Microwave idea sounds kinda morbid but is probably a genius idea actually. Light bulb .. check... fan.. check.. keeps a temp.. check check I can't wait to see the final product :)

I set 17 eggs that I received from Gabbard Farms via the USPS on 11/25.......they had a pretty rough ride through the mail and three of the eggs were damaged (originally 20) in transit due to pretty severe handling (the eggs were expertly packaged by Gabbard Farms).....actually looked like a forklift fork went through the box.........Hoping for some chicks to emerge on 12/16.......early CHRISTmas presents for me perhaps.............

Candyman,
Thanks for the links to the Buff Roads, I think they are really pretty birds. You my dear are a long way away. I don't know too many people who use the 24 hour clock unless connected to the military. So now you are getting ready for chow, enjoy. I told my son of (the navy man) my plans to raise our holiday birds next year, he said yeah right your going to kill them, nope his dad is going to do the honors, I will clean them, he still doesn't believe it will happen. My bator should be here soon, I have 5 eggs hopefully will get another one today, I have been keeping the eggs room temp and alternating positions to keep them moving, hopefully we will have Buff Rds soon.
Check out this link to this big boy, no I won't grow one this big this is wild. https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/709286/thanksgiving-turkey-processing/120#post_9997825

BTW I grew up in Dubai. Eat a rotisserie chicken for me, that comes wrapped in the bread, yummmm

I'll be joining you guys!! I set 12 bantam eggs in my new eco20 last saturday (on the 24th).....

Can't wait to candle them next weekend. This is so exciting....

I hope everything goes well for my first incubation!!

Everything is now ready for the little chicks!

Back
Top Bottom