Eggs Wobbling/No pip....Help please!!!

Yeah my first brooder is going to be a plastic bin but I'll upgrade fast. Really, it's what we can scrounge up in the move & set everything out asap. I like the idea of a side-view brooder, but I'd be worried about litter flying everywhere. Might add to a design like yours w/ a sheet of plexiglass along the inside bottom 1/3. :D

Thank you for showing me your brooder, bbethea!
This does come with a dropping pan that slides under the bottom but you can't see it in the picture. However, when you first put new shavings in there, the baby chicks will kick a lot out of the sides so that's a great idea and you are very welcome :)

This does come with a dropping pan that slides under the bottom but you can't see it in the picture. However, when you first put new shavings in there, the baby chicks will kick a lot out of the sides so that's a great idea and you are very welcome :)
Yeah I'm not a fan of mesh bottoms so I'm pondering having super shallow tubs/trays inside the brooder. If one area gets too messy (mostly water/food area) I can slot it out & refresh with a new one - pushing older trays to the most used side. (If that makes sense).

I'm glad you like the plexi glass idea! It helps to let the chicks see us and why should we hide such cute little ones when they're so fun to watch?! :)

Back
Top Bottom