Eggturner Revamped

saddlebags

In the Brooder
12 Years
Sep 20, 2007
weatherford Texas
My first eggturner tray was effecting my temps so I had to rethink my design here is the latest try.what do you guys think??

eggturner02.jpg

eggturner01.jpg

eggturner03.jpg

Saddlebags, your incubator looks great! I'm glad that the humidity is working better for you. I would be interested to see more of your incubator (the outside, different shots of the inside, etc.) to see how it is put together. How do you turn your eggs? Also, do you have any pictures of the turner that didn't work? I'm just wondering what was different. DH is planning on making me an incubator at some point and I want to make as many modifications before we build it rather than after.

Thanks,
Kell

here are some outside pics . I use a long stick underneath the tray to tilt it from one side to the other.

11-14-07005.jpg

11-14-07001.jpg

11-14-07004.jpg

You can see the board under the tray here..

11-14-07003.jpg

You can see my thermostat in this picture the wafer seems to be a lot more reliable than one from a water heater.Thats just my opinion though..

I can't really see it that well, does it turn a full 45 degs each way? I just designed one for my little styrofoam bator, and had to make them each individual trays for 5 eggs each. I turn them by dowel from the outside. I'm not 100% happy with the design yet, but eggs are a comin' and I got to stop playing around.

BTW on that thermostat, I'm using the same kind but I bought some brooders resently that have been sitting outside for 10 years, and the one I'm working on right now (rewiring etc) the wafer still works!! I was totally amazed.

Back
Top Bottom