Eight week old chicks ready to sleep outside?

amonroe

Hatching
May 4, 2021
I have four 8-week-old chicks that have been staying outside all day for the last week and a half to two weeks but I've been bringing them in the house at night to sleep. Our temperature in the house is 69-70 degrees. They are completely fine outside during the day, but the temperatures have never been below about 50 degrees while they're outside. I started them out in their coop to sleep last night but then got worried because the low was 40 degrees. I ended up going out in the middle of the night and bringing them back into the house to sleep. They actually didn't seem too uncomfortable, just all huddled together, which is how they normally sleep. It was more my over-worrying that caused me to bring them back in. Would really like to try again tonight as they need to get used to sleeping in their coop. I'm just afraid that it will be a shock to their system if they stay out all night when they're used to warmer temperatures while they're sleeping. I did purchase a small K&H chick heating pad that I can put in the coop but I'd like to try and go without if possible. Thoughts? Am I overthinking this?

I have four 8-week-old chicks that have been staying outside all day for the last week and a half to two weeks but I've been bringing them in the house at night to sleep. Our temperature in the house is 69-70 degrees. They are completely fine outside during the day, but the temperatures have never been below about 50 degrees while they're outside. I started them out in their coop to sleep last night but then got worried because the low was 40 degrees. I ended up going out in the middle of the night and bringing them back into the house to sleep. They actually didn't seem too uncomfortable, just all huddled together, which is how they normally sleep. It was more my over-worrying that caused me to bring them back in. Would really like to try again tonight as they need to get used to sleeping in their coop. I'm just afraid that it will be a shock to their system if they stay out all night when they're used to warmer temperatures while they're sleeping. I did purchase a small K&H chick heating pad that I can put in the coop but I'd like to try and go without if possible. Thoughts? Am I overthinking this?
They should be fine also..... :welcome:welcome:welcome:welcome:welcome

They will be just fine staying outside.

:welcome 7 weeks old sleeping in the coop😉

Attachments

• 20210417_204055.jpg
    20210417_204055.jpg
    413.3 KB · Views: 50
Moved my 4 and 5 week olds out tonight, although I did add a little supplemental heating as it’s supposed to freeze here tonight. They have been in the basement without heat (so 60°s) for over a week and a half.

Back
Top Bottom