Eight Week Old Rooster

Fn87

Chirping
Sep 30, 2020
Westchester, New York
This guy's eight weeks and was meant to be a leghorn. Obviously not a leghorn. We got him from Hoover's. What breed is he?

1615421368459.jpeg
Screen Shot 2021-03-10 at 7.08.37 PM.png

There's no telling.
Hoover's has been selling a lot of birds that aren't correct for the breed the last year or two.
IDK if anyone's been able to make any sense out of what they're doing.

Yeah they gave us 50 cornish meat hens instead of 75 leghorns :/
What I meant was birds that have been having incorrect patterns for the breed but WTH? Cornish cross instead of leghorns? They must be screwing up across the board.
Wonder if TSC is what's keeping them in business at this point.

Huh woah yeah I bet he's an Amberlink. Looks a lot like one. Are amberlinks friendly? He's by far the most sociable of our roosters
I've never had one, but any friendly rooster is a good one in my opinion! I wouldn't judge him too hard though just yet, he'll go through some 'teenage boy' phases up until I think 8-12 months old when he'll finally settle into his little 'husband/man' stage, at that age is when I generally have judged roosters : D I've had mean boys settle down by a year old, I've had nice boys become jerks by a year old, fingers crossed he stays a good boy!!! <3

What I meant was birds that have been having incorrect patterns for the breed but WTH? Cornish cross instead of leghorns? They must be screwing up across the board.
Wonder if TSC is what's keeping them in business at this point.
Ohhhhhhh so their breeds just aren't super accurate to breed standard? We got a bunch of hens from them, of the 248 we have, 4 are roosters (so far). What's the generally accepted margin of error for sexing. Is 4/248 normal amount of roosters to get when u’ve ordered hens?

I've never had one, but any friendly rooster is a good one in my opinion! I wouldn't judge him too hard though just yet, he'll go through some 'teenage boy' phases up until I think 8-12 months old when he'll finally settle into his little 'husband/man' stage, at that age is when I generally have judged roosters : D I've had mean boys settle down by a year old, I've had nice boys become jerks by a year old, fingers crossed he stays a good boy!!! <3
Yeah totally. He was climbing all over my legs when I was sitting down the other day. Hope he's still friendly when he's grown up

Back
Top Bottom