Electric Poultry Netting

Hardemans

In the Brooder
5 Years
May 8, 2014
I recently purchased some Premier 1 poultry netting. I put it up according to instructions and it does deliver a shock. But not enough to keep out the raccoon(s). They managed to get in the area and pull off two turkey heads through the hoop coops last night.

The bottom of the fence rests on the ground and i have to imagine that it is losing some voltage through that contact.

Any one have any experience here?

Thanks

James Hardeman

I recently purchased some Premier 1 poultry netting. I put it up according to instructions and it does deliver a shock. But not enough to keep out the raccoon(s). They managed to get in the area and pull off two turkey heads through the hoop coops last night.

The bottom of the fence rests on the ground and i have to imagine that it is losing some voltage through that contact.

Any one have any experience here?

Thanks

James Hardeman
I have lots of experience with electric fences but none with electrified netting. Every place that the fence touches the ground will short the fence out and either down grade or completely kill the shock value. I seem to remember someone saying that the bottom wire course was not electrified so it is possible that the wire was installed upside down and down side up. Any non-insulated object object in contact with the fence will down grade its effectiveness.

Can the raccoons climb a tree to get past fencing?

Are you certain raccoons are the bad guys? Show a picture of headless birds. Another critter likely to dehead and easily beat netting at night is the owl.

Back
Top Bottom