1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Elise: The Hen Who Lays Two Different Colors

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Alexandra33, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Alexandra33

Alexandra33 Chillin' With My Peeps

Elise the EE harbors a spectacular talent that even astounds me. She has proven herself capable of laying eggs with two different shell colors on alternating days: olive and gray with a slight blue tint. I know, some will wonder if I'm confusing two hens' eggs, but I am 110% sure that it's all Elise. Not only have I caught her in the act of laying both colors on separate occasions, but none of our other EEs produces gray and our only current olive layer turns out eggs with a distinctive shape and shiny coating. Frankly, I didn't know this feat was possible until my lovely girl Elise proved me wrong.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The gray egg shown in the two pictures isn't the same in both; I put two different grays alongside one of her olives.
    [​IMG]
    Here's the incredible girl....[​IMG]
    -Alex

Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
  2. Frindizzle

Frindizzle Guitar Girl <3 Premium Member

Wow, Elise has a talent I haven't heard of! Some chickens tend to have shells fade in color over a while, but I haven't heard of this before.

3. BantyChooks

BantyChooks Smile Premium Member

Aug 1, 2015
    wow! that is so cool!! [​IMG]

4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    You have a beautiful hen.

5. Alexandra33

Alexandra33 Chillin' With My Peeps

Thank you all! [​IMG]