Email from UPS??

Rammy

Crowing
15 Years
Oct 20, 2008
Tennessee
I checked my hotmail tonight as always and checked my junk mail since sometimes I get emails from someone who isnt on my safe list and see an email from UPS. I opened it since I do havan account with them and it said something about a shipment. I havent ordered anything recently so I was puzzled. The email stated that a shipment from EU< I guess thats Europe> has been suspended and is being held in Spain until the full amount of the shipping charges is paid. Oh yeah, like Im gonna fall for that one. Im sorry, but did I wake up with the word IDIOT tattooed to my forehead? It gave me a phone number to call and a person to contact with the last name of Watson and said the tracking number has been suspended so to refer to the new number in the email when referring to the shipment. Im sure its a phishing scam. Like Im gonna fall for that one.
The other day, I got an email from Facebook thanking me for reactivating my account. One, the account they are referring to was only temporary and wasnt under my real name. I just opened it to try to find someone. I deactivated it months ago. I did not reactivate it. So I want and deactivated it again and asked them to permanantly delete it. I guess this weekend Im gonna have to change all my passwords. Too many freaky things going on lately. This is my second attempt at writing this post. I was about done with it the first time, and this page completely disappeared. Any thoughts?

Rammy

I'd say your mistake was opening the UPS email when you hadn't ordered anything from them recently. You should probably contact UPS by phone and tell them about it.

I read something on here recently about a scam email involving Facebook, at least I think it was Facebook, I don't fool with them or twitter or large scale places like that.

I got something saying it was from DHL. I only opened it because I was expecting the free legos my ds had won,and though it was in regards to that. The email had an attachment,but a scan picked up the virus. I tried emailing dhl about it,but their email addys were no good,so I just deleted it.

I've recently received two emails like this. The first one came from Bank of America. It told me that there was a problem with my account and to click on a link to resolve it. I don't have an account at Bank of America. The second one was Netflix telling me that my account had been suspended. I was suspicious, so I went into my Netflix account through the REGULAR website instead of the link in the email. My account was fine. In both cases I forwarded the email to the company's fraud department. I never heard anything back, so I don't know if they did anything or if they CAN do anything.

Oh, and DH is a computer whiz, so he took the link from both emails and checked where it went. Neither went to the site that they said they would, and neither had anything to do with the actual company.

It didnt have an attachment and the virus scan didnt pick up anything so I just deleted it. The only reason I opened it was it said something about my account. I have also gotten emails concerning accounts that I dont have an account with and just delete them. This is the first time I got one from an account with a company I actually do business with.

Rammy

I get e-mails like that UPS and the Facebook one all the time. I would check with Facebook to see if your old account is actually reactivated. Otherwise, I wouldn't worry about either one of these e-mails.

I'm an artist and I get e-mails from people who say they want to buy my art from overseas. They say they will send the amount of the artwork plus a little extra that I was to keep for myself. The check that they send would have cleared, at first, then bounce back and I would have had to pay all that money back plus penalties and, perhaps, face criminal penalties. Usually, it took a few days for this all to happen and, in the meantime, the artwork would be sent out, too. So, I would be out of a lot of money, plus my artwork. I already knew about this scam before I started getting the e-mail, so I had a heads up. I don't send out artwork, unsolicited, to anyone, especially overseas. I mostly sell through legitimate websites and through word of mouth.

Scam....
sad.png

Im pretty sure it was reactivated, just not by me because I got an email saying somebody I DO know has a facebook page freinded me, and I did not send a request to her for that. How could I? When I never reactivated a dummy account in the first place. As I stated earlier, I sent an email asking that the account be deactivated and removed permanently. That should fix that. I normally dont open emails like that for that reason, but this time, I thought it was legit. Learned my lesson.

Rammy

Back
Top Bottom