Emergency!!! 4 month old Pullet sick

I bought a bag of ground organic (corn, soybean, barley, oats, alfalfa, a lot of other things appears vitamins also) but I then bought some (oats, corn, wheat mix) and maybe the oats/corn/wheat may have not been a very good choice. I have been mixing these two feeds.
I think that may be the issue.

Thank You so much! I am close to the farm store and will get the Vitamin E 400IU and B complex tabs with eggs. :thumbsup
Just go to the grocery store, the farm store likely won't have any or will be expensive
I bought a bag of ground organic (corn, soybean, barley, oats, alfalfa, a lot of other things appears vitamins also) but I then bought some (oats, corn, wheat mix) and maybe the oats/corn/wheat may have not been a very good choice. I have been mixing these two feeds.
Do you have the nutritional label? That sounds like it may be the source of the issues.

I gave her a partial B complex vitamin and vitamin E and eggs last night and this morning. . I am getting the Rooster Booster Poultry Cell arriving on Thursday. She looks a little better and is walking around.

Attachments

• chickie.png
    chickie.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
2x Wry Neck - Vitamin E 400IU & Selenium 25mcg 2 - 3x day, Thiamine/Vit B1, tuna, liver ... Poultry Cell is a good versitle vitamin.

Thinking your issue maybe the feed you're feeding. Just cause it says "organic" don't mean it's "better" IMO. Since you're feeding grain, are you supplying them with grit? Is there a label for the feeds, picture?

I would also check crops at night and again in the morning, are their crops emptying?

I will still need to get the appropriate vitamins but am using some (B complex, Vite E and selenium) I had on hand and eggs. Tuna & liver sounds good too. I am feeding ground grain and the label is very long. I took away the scratch grains and added some Durvet vitamins & electrolytes in water. They have small grit and dig in the dirt. I will check the crops.

Attachments

• label.png
    label.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
She looks like she is on a very slow recovery and I must give her the vitamins twice a day. She looks like she will make it and I best give her a name. It's strange the others are all ok. Here she is with King at the fountain and then Miss Mable had to come over lol.

Attachments

• chickie2.png
    chickie2.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
Sweety is looking good and acting like a regular chicken. She is getting the vite E and B and selenium. Thank you all who helped. :love

Attachments

• sweety.png
    sweety.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom