Emergency! Baby chick bloody head with matted eyes. *Graphic*

Well, I don't think the one having major problems is going to make it. He started flipping over on his back and couldn't flip back over. And I think he is a he. The other one is sound asleep from all the walking she/he did.

Oh poor thing. Don't give up on them until its over. Good luck.
smile.png

We lost the one baby that was having trouble and the 2 eggs. She is separated and 1 egg didn't even make it out, which is was squashed flat. The other one had the same wounds. The one that was doing good, won't eat or drink at all. She didn't have blood on her beak, we think she used her feet. Could it be because it is her first babies? Or just a bad momma? 4 healthy ones are doing great, eating, drinking, and pooping like chicks. They are 1 week old now.

Last edited:
We lost the one baby that was having trouble and the 2 eggs. She is separated and 1 egg didn't even make it out, which is was squashed flat. The other one had the same wounds. The one that was doing good, won't eat or drink at all. She didn't have blood on her beak, we think she used her feet. Could it be because it is her first babies? Or just a bad momma? 4 healthy ones are doing great, eating, drinking, and pooping like chicks. They are 1 week old now.
Did you try to feed the injured chick a yoke from syringe? It saved my chick that was badly injured and wouldn't eat. I was given advise on this site to boil egg and mash yoke with water. It is very nutritious and will give the chick all needed vitamins.

Oh! No! I have created a little fluffy monster! Me and my mother have been using an eye dropper to try and get him to drink....He thinks that is his mommy. Soon as we pick it up, he goes to peeping for it to get some water. xD

That is so cute!
love.gif
I'm sorry about the lost chicks, but it it sounds like the other baby is doing better. Good luck with him!
thumbsup.gif

Awwww! How cute!! I rescued a baby Magpie whose mother got eaten by our neighbors cat.
sad.png
I fed it egg yoke out of a eye dropper, and as soon as I grabbed it, he would start squawking excitedly like it was the first meal he had in 4 years!
lol.png
It would make your ear drums throb!
By the way I did let it go once it learned how to fly.
smile.png
His name was frisky.

Well, he is eating chick food, but only the small pieces. Took him forever to learn. My mother had to force one into his mouth, he started gobbling it up. But I didn't want him to get sick. I took it away for a bit. His wounds are also clean and look good.

Also, now he can't sleep. His sibling slept with him last night, before he passed away this morning. Any tips? Could I use a feather duster or something? He tried to curl into the rag I have under the light. It makes me want to cry for him.
hit.gif

I was boiling an egg for him, but I forgot about it. It exploded! Good thing I have plenty of eggs. xD

P.S. A bug was flying by his light! He started chasing it!
wee.gif
And he is starting to prune himself. It is so cute.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom