!!EMERGENCY!! DYING BIRD!!

Since she hasn't been exhibiting respiratory problems, I would guess a possible heart issue. I would keep her in a warm, quiet, confined space hoping that she can recover. I can not see any type of treatment.
I've had a few birds that are lethargic, they gasp and just all around don't look good but they have good color, they eat and drink and I'm trying to get tylosin for them. This girl in specific didn't have any issues at all, she was perfectly fine yesterday, her usual spirited self. None of them have done this. This happened very quick and have reason to believe it happened just this morning, is there really nothing I can do?

Since she hasn't been exhibiting respiratory problems, I would guess a possible heart issue. I would keep her in a warm, quiet, confined space hoping that she can recover. I can not see any type of treatment.
I have a stethoscope on hand, her heart is beating pretty fast

I'm pretty sure she's hurt. I picked her up to move her to a warm quiet spot and even though I was mindful of how I picked her up, she still let out a loud wheeze.

It sounds like a heart issue. :hugs I hope it's not but I'm so sorry if it is.
She's still alive, her breathing is quiet loud, sounds like she's snoring. I'm laying on the floor next to her and can hear it quiet clearly. Is there really nothing to be done ?

This is her as of now, she's breathing quiet heavily and sometimes it sounds like snoring, she shook her head quiet violently a few minutes ago but immediately returned to laying down. I don't know what to do, or if she's choking, I can't get her to drink.
20201012_104137.jpg

This is her as of now, she's breathing quiet heavily and sometimes it sounds like snoring, she shook her head quiet violently a few minutes ago but immediately returned to laying down. I don't know what to do, or if she's choking, I can't get her to drink.View attachment 2370390
I’m so sorry about your chicken, it looks like she has a heart issue. She probably won’t make it. It’s so sad to see a chicken be so sick and especially hard to lose one. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom