Emergency!!! Egg on 25th day

Gyoza

In the Brooder
8 Years
Sep 29, 2011
Okay I have 4 Pekin duck eggs in incubator and today is the 25th day. One of the egg it's air sac has broke. What should I do?!?

Do you mean it has internally pipped? If so that is fine shouldnt be an issue. I have 20 eggs right now on day 25 and 9 have internally pipped on my last candle tonight.

I can't tell if it's from internal pip. : /

I'm new to this.

Okay after 16 hrs of worrying the egg with air sac broken has a 1/4" hole on the side. All fingers crossed hope everything goes well.

I have 9 externally pipped today so keep the lid on and now just hope for the best like me! Might have babies by tomorrow sometime (a full day early)

Oh I'm soo worried. How long will it take for the duckling to continue coming out after making a small hole?

Hi Gyoza. I just hatched my Pekins. They came out within 3-4 hours once a hole is there. Although mine came from free-range Pekins, one had a hole for 32 hours before I helped it out... and it came out a Mallard. (Someone wild flew in and took advantage of one of the girls!) They tend to hatch in the morning, so be patient and just be sure your temp and humidity are up and staedy. Good luck. :)

Back
Top Bottom