Emergency!!! Hatched Chick may have Organs hanging out ???? Please help! (Graphic photo)

I just wanted to update everyone that it was his yolk sac and he is doing fine after a couple of days of separation and some hand feeding. I'm glad I waited because that was scary and I had honestly never seen that before. Thank you everyone for your support and suggestions. The community really helped.

his organs are definitely hanging out his bum... Try pushing them in a little if he starts to scream, stop. Keep him eating and drinking. This can go away. If it doesn't, get bee venom. it reduces swelling, kills bacteria, and relieves pain. put this on his bum, it should help you be able to push the organs back in.
This guy seems like he’s a troll. Don’t listen to this advice! Never try to push “organs” back in. It’s probably the umbilical chord. Sanitize it very gently with iodine or something else that can be used on chicks and let it be. I had one that looked a lot worse that is now a beautiful happy duck

Back
Top Bottom