EMERGENCY! hatching chicks heater fail

I wish...I even tried cpr. Its pecker was out of the membrane and stuck as both dried out. Definitely over its nostrils. Pooor baby. Silly me, but I buried him w a prayer. Two I can see moving the beaks around the pip.

Sounds like the humidity is too low, which is expected with the heat lamp. Humidity should be between 55% and 70%. This is the point when condensation will begin to gather on the lid of the container.

If you have a lid for the Rubbermaid container, then put it on to keep the humidity in. Ditch the shavings and put a damp towel or a shelf liner in instead. Put a small container of water or a wet sponge under the light bulb to keep the humidity up. This is important, as the eggs will keep drying out if the humidity is too low.

Is it a large or small tub, because a smaller one may be better to use.

Here is an example of the Pot Bator I made for my hatching. I use a 40 watt lightbulb and the bubble wrap helps to keep the temperature more stable.

68426_120811_142000-1.jpg

UPDATE: I have 4 little fuzzy butts that are just too cute. Two fully formed that didn't pip. One egg I broke when the lamp fell. And l put the leftovers in the nasty LG that started working again but don't have a lot of hope. I'm just sooo thankful for my 4 lil ones.

Wow! reading this post was so intensed !!!
ep.gif
Its like watching soap opera!!!
pop.gif
Glad you were able to save some !!. I tried to hatch last Christmas, I lost them.
hit.gif
(one day the temp went up high for some reason 103) Today I and doing erything different and hope babies will come soon ! (Jan. 28th)
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom