When do I help hatching, chick pipped 22 hrs ago

It is still alive! We call it Cooper - Cooper still hasn’t fluffed out and is pretty unstable on its feet though 😞
One of our other chicks was not eating and just staying under the heating plate all day so I just put it in the incubator with Cooper and a mash of food with a little vitamins in it. So now he has a sick friend.
I will post pics later, he is probably the ugliest chick I have ever seen - but still alive!

It is still alive! We call it Cooper - Cooper still hasn’t fluffed out and is pretty unstable on its feet though 😞
One of our other chicks was not eating and just staying under the heating plate all day so I just put it in the incubator with Cooper and a mash of food with a little vitamins in it. So now he has a sick friend.
I will post pics later, he is probably the ugliest chick I have ever seen - but still alive!
poor babys
hopefully cooper and his friend will perk up
i would give them some sugar water as it will give them energy
also they don't know how to eat or drink when they hatch and with weak chicks you need to dip their beaks in the water and food to show them how to drink and eat
i will link a youtube video if you skip to the bit after the duckling has hatched at about 12 minuetes in you can see what he does to help a weak baby
(it is about a duckling but basicly the same as if it were a chick i would not feed it an insect but you can use wet chick crumb in a mash like you have done but only put a little in at a time)

good luck

Now I think my other chick (formerly healthy) has either sour crop or a ruptured air sac. It has a bulge that feels like it is full of air but also threw up fluid when I massaged and held it upside down. I gave it some water with apple cider vinegar in it…any other advice you can offer?

I have read other byc threads concerning sour crop and removed other food and just have a dish with water and ACV in the incubator. I worry about this chick not having food since it just hatched on Tuesday 😢

Now I think my other chick (formerly healthy) has either sour crop or a ruptured air sac. It has a bulge that feels like it is full of air but also threw up fluid when I massaged and held it upside down. I gave it some water with apple cider vinegar in it…any other advice you can offer?

I have read other byc threads concerning sour crop and removed other food and just have a dish with water and ACV in the incubator. I worry about this chick not having food since it just hatched on Tuesday 😢
Oh my I am so sorry
I don't know anything about sour crop I am afraid but I will tag anybody I think mite be able to help

Back
Top Bottom