EMERGENCY help

NewbieLearning

Hatching
Nov 28, 2023
I tried to help it thinking that it was skinked wrapped. And now I don’t know what to do! I feel like it’s gonna dry out and won’t be able to hatch. Have I done too much and is it too late? Will it still be ok?
Please no judgment. I was just trying to help. It piped almost 24 hours that’s when I decided to help.
Is it too dry for it to break loose on its own?

Attachments

• IMG_0615.jpeg
    IMG_0615.jpeg
    294.9 KB · Views: 25
If the membrane is sticking to the body and starting to visibly dry out and contract, you can increase the incubator humidity with some extra warm wet paper towels and also can dab some warm water on the membrane with a qip to help it loosen and unstick. I had to do this with a couple chicks last year. If you still see red veins in the membrane then bleeding is a risk if you do more than try to help loosen it with moisture.

I tried to help it thinking that it was skinked wrapped. And now I don’t know what to do! I feel like it’s gonna dry out and won’t be able to hatch. Have I done too much and is it too late? Will it still be ok?
Please no judgment. I was just trying to help. It piped almost 24 hours that’s when I decided to help.
Is it too dry for it to break loose on its own?
Welcome to BYC!
Yes what temp and humidity is your incubator at, and do you have an extra calibrated salt tested hygrometer amd calibrated thermometer to check temperature against? I'd get humidity up to 75% in there and apply triple antibiotic ointment on the membrane with a qtip to lubricate it. Then just wait. All of those veins need to be gone before he hatches.

Back
Top Bottom