Emergency -- sick cat please help

Skye'sDucks

Crowing
5 Years
May 13, 2018
The 'too much sunshine' sunshine state
A stray cat I've been feeding hasn't shown up in a few weeks, and he just did and looks sick. He looks and acts very out of it and is drooling and dirty. I dont know what it can be.

I don't have much experience with cats and I'd love some help! He isnt interested in the food or water we put out.

20190212_104444.jpg

20190212_104425.jpg

A stray cat I've been feeding hasn't shown up in a few weeks, and he just did and looks sick. He looks and acts very out of it and is drooling and dirty. I dont know what it can be.

I don't have much experience with cats and I'd love some help! He isnt interested in the food or water we put out.

View attachment 1671119
View attachment 1671120
If you decide to try and take it to a vet yourself please use a live trap or something. . do NOT let it scratch or bite you :fl just in case! Even if it is not rabies who knows what else. Cat scratches and bites can really get infected even if it's a healthy cat.

My mom is calling a nearby animal coalition the cat is still out there...

Like I said before, hes a feral cat I've been feeding when he comes for the last few months, he doesnt trust me enough to get close, and I know theres a lady across the street who feeds the feral cats and gets them spayed/neutered but I have no way in knowing if she even has caught Skit or had him vaccinated.

Looks like a dental problem. He needs a vet. I wouldn't go rabies, he looks way to calm. Feral cats can often have severe dental issues. This would cause both drool and make it painful to eat. If you are near me I would be glad to help you with him.
Well my mom called animal control and I think they're sending someone out. I'm hoping this means we can figure out what's wrong with him

Thank you so much for the help though!

Call your local sheriffs department or animal control immediately.

Tell them that he’s drooling profusely.
That might make them hurry.

Whatever the circumstances, drooling in a cat is HIGHLY unusual.

He’s terribly ill and has come to you for help. I would NOT recommend touching him or coming into contact with him at all.

Do you have a dog crate?
If you put a warm towel in it he may go in willingly.

If so, shut the door.

Back
Top Bottom