Emotional support needed to kill mean rooster

Pics
So they can get a free chicken dinner? No thanks.

I have a friend who adopted what she was told was a hen from a shelter. It was a vicious roo that attacked one of her pullets and nearly scalped her. My friend used the free vet check up coupon she got with the roo to take her pullet to the vet for treatment. Then she took the roo back to the shelter and raised what’s it.

I have a friend who adopted what she was told was a hen from a shelter. It was a vicious roo that attacked one of her pullets and nearly scalped her. My friend used the free vet check up coupon she got with the roo to take her pullet to the vet for treatment. Then she took the roo back to the shelter and raised what’s it.
How much was the adoption fee for that chicken?
Humane societies should not deal with livestock animals. This is a tipping point, it will all go downhill from here when the public expects food animals to be treated like beloved pet dogs. Just say no!

I guess I should add, that many folks here do keep hens as pets, which is fine, but people do need to realize that chickens generally serve a food purpose. You can't expect the whole world to go vegan or anything.

With the good comes bad..... as I was gathering up the hens tonight to put them in the coop, I found a maimed one husband didn't see she was in the bushes when he shot the roo. She's alive, seems ok. It's a clean shot through her leg, cannot put any weight in it and acts like it has no feeling. No pictures yet. I put her in a nesting box for the night
We were going to just cull her but we decided to see if she can ride it out
I plan on packing and wrapping tomorrow if she makes it through the night

With the good comes bad..... as I was gathering up the hens tonight to put them in the coop, I found a maimed one husband didn't see she was in the bushes when he shot the roo. She's alive, seems ok. It's a clean shot through her leg, cannot put any weight in it and acts like it has no feeling. No pictures yet. I put her in a nesting box for the night
We were going to just cull her but we decided to see if she can ride it out
I plan on packing and wrapping tomorrow if she makes it through the night
I don't really believe in the Para - abnormal but Jeez, could that be KARMA?:oops:

I don't really believe in the Para - abnormal but Jeez, could that be KARMA?:oops:

I'm a firm believer in karma, but with that being said..I always said this particular hen would be the first to go. She's extremely stupid....idk if it was interbreeding or what. I get a new hen if she goes though, so i'm ok with it either way. I really want a silkie and we have a deal 1 for 1. If one dies, I can get another. I've already been on the look for another older docile rooster

Back
Top Bottom