Emotionally weak - pet ducks

Pics
Sorry for being late....work life is crazy!!
Here is my thoughts on what I have read so far... If she is laying eggs then most definitely get her on a laying feed like purina layena crumbles and pellets. I just went through a whole "don't use purina for ducks" and let me tell you it was huge mistake taking her off of the purina-that's on another post... See the thing is that no matter what, at the end of the day, most places don't carry duck specific food here in the US. So logical thinking (in my mind) is that I have to use what is available and the closest thing to my desired end result....shelled eggs! I am not placing blame, I am just talking from my own experience.

Also go to your local Walgreens or such and get calcium pills, I take 4oz of water to 4oz of peas and let them soak for 15 minutes in a solo cup, stirring really good right before you give it to her. I keep mine in the cup so to make sure see gobbles up more of the the liquid then the peas. Kale is another good source of calcium and vitamin A, which she needs...just not everyday. Mix up the greens too. Dandelion greens are a good choice and can be found at any major super market. I hope this helps and if you have any questions feel free to contact me...

I had to switch to the tealish bag of Purina for my ducks. It's the laying crumbles. I had them on Flock raiser and they were laying all kinds of weird eggs. Since I switched I have not had a problem. I also will give my hens 1/2 a prenatal vitamin when they are under stress. I m not sure where you got live. But the weather here has been very stressful on my flock. I'm sorry you are going through this. Big Hugs to you and your flock.:hugs:hugs:hugs

Hello...I have Been following and @Miss Lydia is right. You have a Deficancy and it's not just a Calcium issue..Ducks require a balanced feed a Bit higher in everything than Chickens.
Get the feed recommended and not a layer feed. Supply oyster shell on the side. Almost sounds like iron is not correct also. So a poultry vitamin and mineral mix in water should help her out..
Best wishes..

Back
Top Bottom