empy box from Murray mcmurray

I live about 3 hrs away from MM and have driven there to get egg cartons and whatever supplies I needed. I will definitely get my baby chicks that way too. No problem for me to get them myself.

My order that I received last week from Murray McMurray had 2 plastic bands holding the lid on and the packing slip was stuck down over where the 2 bands crossed.
idunno.gif
Last year's order was the same way. I have another order from them coming the 1st week of April that I'm sure should be the same way. The first order was ducks and the next is my chickens. Sorry that yours didn't get there, I would have to agree that someone helped themselves to your babies in transit.
somad.gif

Quote:
its seems fairly obvious that the box being sealed means nothing, I don't know how MM seals there boxes but, Ideal uses strapping tape or those plastic bands and you can cut them off very easily but the chicks cant do it from the inside im sure, So IMHO i think they were stolen so i would file a theft report with the PO, also I find it hard to believe that the post office would except a package if it wasn't sealed at the original point of mailing or being sent out. JMO,
Im am terribly sorry for your loss and I hope you get it resolved soon. Sandy

Quote:
Ok maybe Im confused, who clearly stated "that the box was not sealed at the hatchery?" Was it Ms Hen, the Hatchery or the post office, clearly it was not sealed with a band when Ms Hen got the box, but was the box sealed when the post office got it ? I just really really find it hard to believe that the PO would except a box of live chicks that was not sealed some kind of way. Sounds like a whodunit mystery to me.
idunno.gif
caf.gif

Well I don't think it was McMurray's fault. (even though I got sick chicks from them last year)

File a theft report.

Sounds like the neighbors I used to have- Maybe one of them is working at the PO now. They would steal the stink out of ____!! Sorry about your loss but don't give up!!

Wayne
n
Tennessee

Anybody receive birthday and other cards with a small slit cut in the envelope so they can see if theres cash inside.
hmm.png

How about magazines with coffee stains or the pages dog eared where they have been read.
hu.gif

The worst one i had recently was somebody cut a slit in my seed order envelope and stole my flower seeds.
rant.gif

Rhett&SarahsMom :

Quote:
Mine was sealed with one of those heavy duty plastic bands. I had to cut it as well to open the box

mine also had the bands strapped across the outside holding the box top on and the grogel was with the invoice on the outside of the box taped on to the top underneath the plastic straps .​

Back
Top Bottom