empy box from Murray mcmurray

MSHEN

Songster
10 Years
Feb 13, 2009
Monticello,MS
Well, the P. O. called bright and early this morning to tell me I had recieved an empty box from MM. When I got there, I found no chics, only droppings as evedenced that it had been filled with chics, no invoice but under the nesting material was the broiler starter, gel gro, and electrlytes I had ordered. Whoopeee. The box had not been sealed at the hatcherey. I wonder what fate befell 26 chics? Are they scattered among the cargo dept on some air craft? I shudder to imagine and just try not to visualize too much. I can only hope someone decided to take for themselves. Customer service was non apologetic, just wanted to know what I wanted, refund or replacement. i was so upset that I just cancelled the entire order. How did everbody else's shipments turn out from McMurray? I am just sick. I'm not likey to get what I want this late in the season. I ordered those chicks in January.

That's horrible!! Don't know what else to say. Sorry!
hit.gif

I'd file a theft report with the post office. Those chicks didn't open the box and get out on their own. Never ceases to amaze me how low people will sink.

Isn't that a federal offence....tampering with the mail?

Last edited:
It's obvious that MMH sent the chicks... after they leave their hands, it's out of their control. They don't need to apologize... the PO does, though that's not likely in most cases. It's not the hatchery's fault. It is a sad situation, and I am very sorry for your losses... I would have asked for a replacement.

Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain :

It's obvious that MMH sent the chicks... after they leave their hands, it's out of their control. They don't need to apologize... the PO does, though that's not likely in most cases. It's not the hatchery's fault. It is a sad situation, and I am very sorry for your losses... I would have asked for a replacement.

I agree. I too would have asked for replacements​

Oh I am so sorry. How utterly awful.

I just placed an order with Meyer this morning for some breeds that other hatcheries ship dates into june for.

Poor babies. Let's hope someone wanted them for themselves. That would be more comforting than the alternative. I am sorry you got an unempathic sales person. That is merely unluck of the draw.

hugs.gif

gosh, I am truly sorry to hear that! I would be heartbroken as well. My order of 25+1 free chick arrived before dawn on the first day they could have come (I was told "sometime during the week of Feb 9th" and they arrived at the PO that morning, first thing). There were 27 all in all with 100% survivors. The customer service was also very nice and helpful when I called them prior to my delivery to ask how to tell the breeds apart on day one because I was splitting the order with someone and I'm new to chickens. If I think back on it, I don't think my box was exactly sealed, either. The lid just sort of fit snugly together with the box like a puzzle piece. My guess is that someone took them. I really don't think they could have accidentally gotten out or fallen out.

Anyway, I am sorry to hear about your bad experience, but at least MM was willing to send you more chicks. They hatch and ship hundreds of thousands of chicks and they do need to be efficient. They have no way of knowing if you're telling the truth that the box arrived empty (that would be a great way to get 26 more free chicks, no?)... so they just have to believe you. Did the post office call them and confirm it for you? That would have been nice. Anyway, they may have seemed a bit cold about it, but really, all they can do is send you more chicks, no?

Oh my gosh! I am soooooooo sorry.
hit.gif

Katy: Who says that the P.O. opened the box? I thought he said that it didn't have tape, which then would be McMurray's fault. He clearly stated, "The box had not been sealed at the hatcherey."

Back
Top Bottom