End of May 26-31 hatchalong update with pics

So far, so good. My temps and humidity are holding steady. I'm waiting to candle for Day 7, which will be this Saturday, and I am anxious to know if any eggs are developing!
pop.gif

Well, i hav to put another batch of eggs in tomorrow. I just lost another hen and my good rooster. Chickens will be locked up all day tomorrow so I do not loose anymore. Neiber coming over to mow around coop good too.

I free range and a fox got them. We had not mowed in area near coop due to mower being in shop. We got it back and now it is mowed around coop. Neibor will finsh rest of property since hubby is back on road again. Last year when it happened our mower was down too. When we started again mowing durning lock up last year he moved on. I hope for same this year. Dog is really protrolling that area every time she is out. I am going to buy some Kencove flexible fencing for it hass narrow spacing on bottom to prevent foxes. I need it for when I get goats so I will use it now for chickens.

Congrates all on the candleing.

So far I am on day 8 out of 23 and everything looks okay. Temps have been steady and I have turned the eggs twice a day can't wait until they hatch

This will hopefully be my first hatch. I made my incubator from a cardboard box (classy right?). Humidity and temperature are perfect though. Today is day 8 and i can see the heartbeat and veins. So beautiful! The eggs are from a cross between two amberlinks so i have no idea what im going to get, which is kind of exciting. Day 21 cannot get here fast enough.

Back
Top Bottom