England UK

Pics
Hello! I'm from Kidderminster,Worcestershire in the UK! I'm on day 16 of incubation, getting ver nervous now! Been here a while but just thought id say hi!

Yes, \i checked your video. Could you expalin the waterng system?

My watering system consists of a toilet cistern tank but not a normal one its one that is a concealed one that you get for toilets that are cabinet formed with hidden cisterns

they come undrilled which is good and you can get insulation foam for them as well which I have

the pipe work is 10mm diameter internal and 14mm external and fits the copper pipe holders perfect

the cups are standard 10mm pipe coop cups with nipples on them

there are a bunch of T joints and elbow

you put the header tank at the highest possible position so that gravity can feed it as it cant be more than 5PSI pressure

then the tubing is fitted either vertically (straight down) or at a horizontal slope starting high and dropping about a centimetre per cup as you move along

I have since added 4 more cups to the run making them 7 cups and removed all the BEC red ones for the Yellow Cups inside

I also decided to fit a cistern ball valve so that water is filled automatically connected to a normal garden hose

as long as no water has to travel upwards then the watering system will always work

mine is been working so well that I have decided to put the watering system into every coop I have

Hello from Warwickshire! New to the mad world of chickens but loving it. As of last week I have 2 ex battery's called popcorn and nugget, a road rock calked omelette and a Warwickshire bluebell called. ....well we cant decide yet!!! We have a very large covered run which they love, especially scratching around in the woodchip. hopefully let them out in a few weeks once all settled!

Hello from Warwickshire! New to the mad world of chickens but loving it. As of last week I have 2 ex battery's called popcorn and nugget, a road rock calked omelette and a Warwickshire bluebell called. ....well we cant decide yet!!! We have a very large covered run which they love, especially scratching around in the woodchip. hopefully let them out in a few weeks once all settled!

Hii! How exciting. Are the ex batts in a bit if a state? Poor things. Love the names. We still haven't named all of our ducklings and they hatched nearly a month ago!

No they are really good actually. They have very long feet that need trimming and need a bit of condition but n I t too bad. Will post a picture later when I work out how........

Back
Top Bottom