English Shepherd as Poultry Guardian

Pics
If you weren't so far i would take 2 for my Mom, her ES (Gibbs) is a wonderful dog but is going on 11. She lost her other dog to illness last fall and Gibbs could use a couple youngsters to train about the property and keep him company and since she lives in the middle of nowhere with lots of acreage and no close neighbors I would like her to have the extra company and protection.
I am also beginning to search for a female pup for Mindy to train with the chickens and all the broody chicks. I hope to go back to the breeder Mindy came from to get the similar family traits but for my Mom that isn't as much of a consideration.

Last edited:
If you weren't so far i would take 2 for my Mom, her ES (Gibbs) is a wonderful dog but is going on 1. She lost her other dog to illness last fall and Gibbs could use a couple youngsters to train about the property and keep him company and since she lives in the middle of nowhere with lots of acreage and no close neighbors I would like her to have the extra company and protection.
I am also beginning to search for a female pup for Mindy to train with the chickens and all the broody chicks. I hope to go back to the breeder Mindy came from to get the similar family traits but for my Mom that isn't as much of a consideration.
Two going to southern Indiana where my family lives.

OhNo!!! I'm so sorry!
Run over or hit?
What are the injuries?
Think run over; by medium sized SUV. Speed of hit not fast enough to cause damage. Driver still driving too fast and I told her to slow down in future. Driver distraught, but also has a lead foot. We live on a lane where we should go no more than 15 miles per hour. Speed about twice that most of time with her and her sister.

Injuries to head with bleeding from mouth and ear. She is sore and shaking head a lot.

Back
Top Bottom