ENTIRE flock of GLW... Wiped out overnight! UPDATE!

I think that's an awful lot of chickens for a coyote.

I would also expect more feathers from a coyote.

I would also examine the idea of a person stealing your chooks.

I haven't seen or heard any coyotes near where I live this year so far, just foxes.

(also, hello fellow NH resident!)

i do not know but sorry about your chickens
hit.gif

As for the two-legged predators, it's not a possibility where they're located. There is too much security around that area and any human would be nuts in our area! Everyone is armed!! Also we have two very big dogs as well! There is also no way into the run with out going through our house.

idunno.gif

I have lost several to foxes. They are there one day and gone the next, no signs of anything. My guess would be that foxes got them. We have changed things here and I am no longer losing them, but when I lost them, I lost a lot and fast. Sorry about your loss.

Of those predators you name I doubt that any one would take 25 adult birds--foxes generally hunt in, at the most, pairs. Coyotes in groups of no more than 3 or 4 and the rest usually act alone. Given the size of these groups I doubt they would carry off more than 1 or 2 birds each. Animals like mink, weasels, skunks and coons would just eat part of the bird and leave the rest--none would consume 25 at a time. That leaves one other possibility--dogs.

25 birds gone? holly cow!
I would have to think that a predator only hunts when it's hungry.
That must have been one hungry sucker to eat all 25 chickens.
Even a pack of predators couldn't eat all 25.

I would have to think it was the greatest predator that roams the earth today, humans.

it's the only logical explanation

Thank you to everyone for you condolences. It was a rough morning! My wife and I keep hoping and praying they will just come running around the corner at any minute ..... Just no t likely!

Very stressful!
he.gif

Back
Top Bottom