Equimax Horse Dewormer for Roundworms??

I’ve used the Equimax for treating tapeworms (which worked great by the way) and was wondering if it would be as effective for roundworms?

3795EBF8-4954-433A-B6A7-9E2DE39AD118.jpeg

It’s been wet and muddy for a while, and I saw one roundworm, in a hen’s feces.

I’ve used straight up ivermectin before for roundworms….But I was wondering if I could use Equimax for round worms and tapeworms?

Thanks in advance!

What casportpony is saying is that ivermectin is not very effective for roundworms in poultry anymore.
You would be much better off using Safe Guard (fenbendazole) if you want to keep using a horse paste form of dewormer.
I was originally going to use Safegaurd, however, I have some hens molting… I read that safeguard causes feather deformity and/stunt feather growth.

I’ve used the ivermectin before for roundworms, and it worked well! However, I don’t have any liquid ivermectin on hand, and only have the Equimax. I thought I could instant treat for roundworms with that, instead of waiting for a few days for ivermectin

Thanks for your reply by the way!

I was originally going to use Safegaurd, however, I have some hens molting… I read that safeguard causes feather deformity and/stunt feather growth.

I’ve used the ivermectin before for roundworms, and it worked well! However, I don’t have any liquid ivermectin on hand, and only have the Equimax. I thought I could instant treat for roundworms with that, instead of waiting for a few days for ivermectin

Thanks for your reply by the way!
I recommend Valbazen (fenbendazole) then. Works great for roundworms too.

Liquid vs paste ivermectin makes no difference, it's all ivermectin.

Valbazen (albendazole) is my preference usually too, but I am unsure whether it affects the feathers the same way fenbendazole does. It also only comes in cattle sized bottles and is about $40, so a lot of folks don't like to get it.

Back
Top Bottom