Error 524

No, mine is xfinity...the absolute only one in this entire area...no matter what it says on TV...plus cell service...many areas stink here...we area in the midst of no where...one stop light in town and everyone complains it takes too long! Lol
Afaik, XFinity is distributed over TV-cable - it is a ComCast brand. So if you can have a telephone-line - and the big phone companies are obligated by law to give you access to a phone-line - you can have ADSL. The difference is that a TV-cable is shared between all end-users but the phone-line is your dedicated pair of copper-wires. If you have a nerd (me!) on your TV-cable, trying to download the whole internet, your internet will be slow.
However, due to the length of the phone-line, ADSL may be slow too.

You should see me after cutting a miter! Counting all my fingers, verifying that i didn't broke the saw,… and in the end my miter is not 90°. :mad:
But computers, yes, i make computers work. - Ducks, sometimes…
Pickles the Pekin is still trying to mate with the cockerel :lol: my duck is defective. I'm okay with computers.

I did just put a tablet on my Verizon plan by myself :D I feel accomplished today

Afaik, XFinity is distributed over TV-cable - it is a ComCast brand. So if you can have a telephone-line - and the big phone companies are obligated by law to give you access to a phone-line - you can have ADSL. The difference is that a TV-cable is shared between all end-users but the phone-line is your dedicated pair of copper-wires. If you have a nerd (me!) on your TV-cable, trying to download the whole internet, your internet will be slow.
However, due to the length of the phone-line, ADSL may be slow too.
I have no idea what you just said except, nerd..tv, cable, internet...:lol:

I have no idea what you just said except, nerd..tv, cable, internet...:lol:
OK, simple: Do you have a home-phone with a thin oval shaped cable, containing 4 wires? If yes, that's a telephone-line and phone-companies can connect you to the Internet, using those wires with speeds up to 100MegaBit (that's really fast!) and its all yours.
If you have Cable-TV, that comes with a thicker round cable that you share with everybody on your street, so even if you have a fast connection (up to 30 MegaBit), if somebody else in the street is using NetFlux your Internet will be slowed down by that.
Compare it with water pipes: If you have a dedicated pipe from the water tower to your house, you can flood your home in a really short time. If you share a pipe with everybody on the street, they will all be mad at you when you try to flood your house, because they just tried to shower and you took away almost all of their water…

OK, simple: Do you have a home-phone with a thin oval shaped cable, containing 4 wires? If yes, that's a telephone-line and phone-companies can connect you to the Internet, using those wires with speeds up to 100MegaBit (that's really fast!) and its all yours.
If you have Cable-TV, that comes with a thicker round cable that you share with everybody on your street, so even if you have a fast connection (up to 30 MegaBit), if somebody else in the street is using NetFlux your Internet will be slowed down by that.
Compare it with water pipes: If you have a dedicated pipe from the water tower to your house, you can flood your home in a really short time. If you share a pipe with everybody on the street, they will all be mad at you when you try to flood your house, because they just tried to shower and you took away almost all of their water…
I’m not trying to be difficult..because this time I do understand...but I don’t have a home phone...:). Just a cell...I do have water though...I’m sorry..I really do understand, I’m just being a pain now..:lol:

Back
Top Bottom