Eucalyptus (I think not but maybeeeee)? As chipped bedding.

I'm not sure but I found this other thread from a while ago maybe this will help.
6E07FE81-B3ED-47EA-96E6-714869BB0B82.png

Maybe you could just use the leaves? Our property has eucs in the back, and the neighbors behind us and next to us have raised American game chickens since my family moved here 30+ years ago. Maybe don’t use the wood chips, but we always used the new growth leaves (with the white dust on them) to deter insects like fleas (my dad always put them in the dogs’ sleeping area).
Also, when the back pasture area gets mowed (some sort of purple grass that looks like very thin straw when cut and dried out) I gather up the ‘straw’ and add cuttings of lavender flowers, rosemary, mint, citrus leaves, and new eucalyptus leaves to make a fragrant nesting material for the laying boxes. So far, no issues and it smells soooo good.

Maybe you could just use the leaves? Our property has eucs in the back, and the neighbors behind us and next to us have raised American game chickens since my family moved here 30+ years ago. Maybe don’t use the wood chips, but we always used the new growth leaves (with the white dust on them) to deter insects like fleas (my dad always put them in the dogs’ sleeping area).
Also, when the back pasture area gets mowed (some sort of purple grass that looks like very thin straw when cut and dried out) I gather up the ‘straw’ and add cuttings of lavender flowers, rosemary, mint, citrus leaves, and new eucalyptus leaves to make a fragrant nesting material for the laying boxes. So far, no issues and it smells soooo good.
Wait what... I thought the leaves were the toxic bit? Huh...will read into it

Back
Top Bottom