Euskal Oiloa ( Basque Thread)

I snapped some pics if my Mille Fluer colored chicks, I think you asked for some pics of what that coloring looks like in a Basque chicken. I am still not sure how many boys and girls I have out of the 5 I own. I realize I received 5 chicks not considered desirable, but I love them!

I snapped some pics if my Mille Fluer colored chicks, I think you asked for some pics of what that coloring looks like in a Basque chicken. I am still not sure how many boys and girls I have out of the 5 I own. I realize I received 5 chicks not considered desirable, but I love them!

Picture #4 is a cockerel, the rest all look like pullets to me.

I think the Millies are pretty and would welcome them in my egg laying flock!

#3 and #4 are both cockerels...#3 and #5 look like the same bird to me.

The grey looks like a pullet to me in that shot.

They are all great birds, as far as desirability - it's just a matter of personal preference of what way you want to move with them if you plan on breeding.

Picture #4 is a cockerel, the rest all look like pullets to me.
I sure hope you are right!

I think the Millies are pretty and would welcome them in my egg laying flock!

Thanks Cackle!
#3 and #4 are both cockerels...#3 and #5 look like the same bird to me.

The grey looks like a pullet to me in that shot.

They are all great birds, as far as desirability - it's just a matter of personal preference of what way you want to move with them if you plan on breeding.
yes, I think I duplicated one photo, as they are the same bird. #3 was much larger than the other four chicks when they came. They were three to four weeks old I was told. I was hoping "she" just had the larger comb and wattles because she was older.. but I think you may be right. They don't act very male at the moment because they are living in a grow out stall with 2 17 week old Swedish Flower Hen cockerels, and they don't dare show off at the moment. lol.... I am begging my handyman to finish the run on my new coop as I need to get them all out to the coop and out of the horse barn. DH growing tired of them in there....

MB

Pretty. Thanks for posting pics of Mille fleurs! I haven't seen many and now extra excited to see how mine will feather out

Guys, I am not sure how to post when I have just joined. I didn't have a problem yesterday, but today, I can't seem to get it together. Without further ado, I am very interested in the Marraduna Basque, and have, this past May, 2014, purchased 2 pullets from Worth It Farms in GA. Neither of them come close to the Spanish SOP, but, they seem of good type and the younger has beautiful yellow legs.
I am in N Ga, and hope to add to my little flock.

Ok on the color of the Mille Fluer variety, I think we may have actually hatched out a couple of these this season along with the white cockerel, I'll take some photos of the other young Basque and post them shortly.

Guys, I am not sure how to post when I have just joined. I didn't have a problem yesterday, but today, I can't seem to get it together. Without further ado, I am very interested in the Marraduna Basque, and have, this past May, 2014, purchased 2 pullets from Worth It Farms in GA. Neither of them come close to the Spanish SOP, but, they seem of good type and the younger has beautiful yellow legs.
I am in N Ga, and hope to add to my little flock.
frow.gif

Hey everyone! Here's Wendell, my funny, (crossbreed?) EO again. At this point, I'm pretty convinced Wendell is a pullet, based on behavior - especially compared to the salmon fav too I've got wreaking havoc in my brooder. I'd like your opinions because I'm heading back to the breeder on Wednesday, and I need to decide if I'm keeping Wendell (pullet) or returning Wendell (roo). I'm not overly concerned with breed standard. I'm actually pretty curious to see how this almost-lavender Basque feathers out. So... what do you all think about Wendell? Pullet or cockerel? (hee hee, Wendell looks so goofy in the last pic!)
You guys! Wendell is a LAVENDER ORPINGTON! He went back to the breeder yesterday, and EO's are back on m wish list. Next spring, perhaps!

Back
Top Bottom