"Evening wear?"

Get a black cocktail dress for about $50 at JCPenney. OR...if you have a Burlington Coat Factory near you (OMG. I could live in that store!!!)

Also try:
Craigslist
Bridal stores (oftentimes have prom dresses, bridesmaid dresses, etc. for sale)
Goodwill
Consignment stores

Well, my first thought these days when I hear 'evening wear'....is PJ's
big_smile.png
I do have a 'formal' black dress. Don't ask how old it is, I think I bought it about 23 years ago at a consignment store in Europe. It still looks great and not out of style. I also needed a 'formal' long gown, I actually own two - one is plain black, one is black w/sequin. Basic cut/style, had both for over 15 years and one again is from a consignment store, the other a sale item from Steinmart. Don't think I'll have to buy another one as I rarely ever need one but if I would - consignment store, maybe a black skirt then a nice top sh you can get more use out of it. Ialso like to use wide scarves and a bold piece of fashion jewelery to vary the look. No way will I spend a lot of money on a piece of clothing I will rarely ever use......The older I get the more I want comfort and simplicity!!!!!!

I agree with the shorter dress. Mid-calf at the longest. Check the clearance racks first (my favorite place in the store!)

Don't go "too" short so that it's night-club scene instead of "formal."

Back
Top Bottom