Ever notice old chicken coops?

Quote:
Lately, I've been noticing these things hidden in plain sight. Like the zucchini I thought weren't growing, then all of a sudden there they were, hidden in plain sight! My cucumbers used to hide like that, too. Now, I see these darling little structures in backyards, which have ALWAYS been there, but I never could see them until now I'm focused on my own coop design/decor.

Its like "the mist" in Rick Riordan's Lightening Theif series (have middleschool kids? Its what they're reading now), where normal humans can't perceive all that's going on around them with "the mist" in their visual field. I have also heard some native american towns didn't really see the spanish ships, at first, because they didn't perceive what they could be, or what they could mean. Now, for me, its old chicken coops, that have always been there, only NOW I see them. I think when I first bought my Scion car, I remember seeing a bazillion Scion cars out there driving around...........

We just bought our old farmhouse in December but, one of the selling points was the history behind the place.
The same family had lived here since the 1930's! In the cellar, you can see where one of the kid's had practiced writing numbers on the wall with chalk.
And oooohhh the chicken coop! We probably would never have gotten chicken's if it had not been for the coop. All we had to do was replace the broken glass with plexi and put some fresh paint on the inside. I often wonder if Blanche and Claude (the original owners) would approve.
thanks for the post woodmort! there's just something about the the history of old homeplaces.

About 3 miles from me are 4 or 5 old coops one was converted to a house.
The still have the old laying boxes in the yard. I guess in case they want to go back to a coop.

Back
Top Bottom