1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Everything about quail answered here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Boyd, Sep 20, 2009.

1. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    I Think Someone Has Tried That Already Boyd......

[​IMG]

2. pringle

pringle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Pepperell,MA
    lol

3. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Quote:i thought so, but i thought there was a very valid reason for all quail noobs to read all 50 some pages of that post [​IMG]

4. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Oh Niki Did A Phenominal Job--- It Should Be Required Reading For All Who Have Or Want Coturnix--- No Doubt. Heck I Often Think She Should Put A Book Togather And Publish It.

It Is One Of The Most Highly Overlooked Resources On This String.

5. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Quote:i thought so, but i thought there was a very valid reason for all quail noobs to read all 50 some pages of that post [​IMG]

Yes I started raising them back in 1964, saw all the changes Niki is listing. First hand. Yes first one in the USA were the common quail. Have not read all the post did go check her post, she has a few colors I have not seen.

Still say I can sex tibetan by color.

6. kingmt

kingmt Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Mason WV
    I still want to read it but I'm to lazy to read it in one setting & I keep losing my place.

7. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    Quote:The first 5-6 pages are the "meat" of it, after that is some info on state rules, alotta thank you niki, etc. Most of the additions she went and edited into the first post.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by