Everything Asil Thread ( show off those Asil )

Pics

Ready to go to the show

I have located what a guy is referring to as a Cornish Asil - Rezel type. It is a hen and looks to have a thick breast.

I have been wanting a Dark Cornish Hen to breed to my Naked Neck Rooster as I am thinking the naked neck skin with the Double Breast of the Cornish should make a good carus.

Does anyone have any experience with this type of a cross? What is the difference in an Asil and Cornish?

I'm not looking at the game attributes. I think the thick chest meat and the broodiness that I read about with Asils is what I like and think would make a good cross with the naked neck being they have a skin that cooks up crispier than a regular chicken.

Would this not be a good cross for a meat project?

Reza Asil are small Asil. Cornish were developed using Asil, possibly Malay and later Shamo, along with Old English Game. Not sure what a Cornish Asil is, thinking maybe some sort of cross.
I've had good luck crossing Asil type birds on dual purpose birds for meat birds, they have nice meat. If you are keeping them in confinement, you will find that they aren't very feed efficient, but they are pretty good at free ranging, and if you can let them free range the efficiency is not as much of an issue. I have found that the gameness and broodiness goes hand in hand.

Reza Asil are small Asil. Cornish were developed using Asil, possibly Malay and later Shamo, along with Old English Game. Not sure what a Cornish Asil is, thinking maybe some sort of cross.
I've had good luck crossing Asil type birds on dual purpose birds for meat birds, they have nice meat. If you are keeping them in confinement, you will find that they aren't very feed efficient, but they are pretty good at free ranging, and if you can let them free range the efficiency is not as much of an issue. I have found that the gameness and broodiness goes hand in hand.

When you say small, what weight range would they be in and would they be the size say of a leghorn? Would the hen fight my leghorns and RIRs? I have some ducks, maybe I could put her in with them if she can't get along with the chickens?

Reza Asil are usually from 4 to 6 pounds, usually. Asil females only like to be in with a cock or other hens they were raised with. Once they are separated, they can't be put back together. They are perfectly happy in a pen by themselves, and it doesn't have to be a huge pen. Put them in there and use them as your cordless incubator and brooder system.

Back
Top Bottom