Everything in my Greenhouse is frozen.

FortChixDixieChix

Songster
6 Years
Jun 15, 2017
Oh no, after the 7th snowfall in the last four weeks everything in my wee Greenhouse is frozen! About to order seeds. Not going to give up on my Dwarf citrus trees. They were fast approaching fives years. Way Up here the only way they would survive would be my greenhouse. Recently redid my greenhouse structure. Now everything in my greenhouse is in trouble. Suggestions for keeping it warm
Inside. Someone mentioned to me a terra-cotta pot as a heater with candles?

Oh I'm so sorry! What about milk jugs of very hot water?
I did try the hot water in old recycled laundry soap
Containers and they froze during the night. Some one said to invert planter pot, put a candle In the dish part of a terra-cotta planter set and lit over the top. Has anyone tried that? That is my next try. The green house is a 12x10. When I had a 10x10 it did not freeze inside. Could be the repeated snow falls and low temps Playing havoc.

Oh no, after the 7th snowfall in the last four weeks everything in my wee Greenhouse is frozen! About to order seeds. Not going to give up on my Dwarf citrus trees. They were fast approaching fives years. Way Up here the only way they would survive would be my greenhouse. Recently redid my greenhouse structure. Now everything in my greenhouse is in trouble. Suggestions for keeping it warm
Inside. Someone mentioned to me a terra-cotta pot as a heater with candles?
Terra cotta pots with candles do great but candles ($5 ones from dollar store.) Last about 3 days. Depends on the size on how many you will need. Also a buddy heater and propane works well also if you have an ag store who fills them will be cheaper then exchanging them. Again about three days for one.

Back
Top Bottom