Evil Rooster

hatcherkid777

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 19, 2013
I am having some trouble with a rooster i got lately as a rescue from a friend. He is being mean to all my hens and wont let my polish roo eat i dont want to kill him any suggestions.

I would try quarentining him for about a week or so. I did it with one of my hens that was beating everyone up and it worked miracles! Also wanted to ask if he was being mean to you at all? If he is don't let him get away with it carry him around under your arm while you do your chicken chores. That's what I do with my roo.
Hope this helps!
Flo12345

Maybe there was a good reason the other person didn't want him either?

Why exactly do you want this rooster? What does he have to offer that offsets attacking you or being abusive to the hens?

Maybe there was a good reason the other person didn't want him either?

Why exactly do you want this rooster? What does he have to offer that offsets attacking you or being abusive to the hens?
Donrae asks some valid questions. This rooster attacks you, is mean to your hens and prevents your own rooster from eating. What redeeming value(s) does he have? I don't see any.

This is your sig line. 20 chickens 1 rooster awesome flock You have to do what is best for them. Do your hens and first rooster deserve to be abused by a nasty new male? You sound young and no one likes to cull but sometimes that is the right thing to do.

what do you think i should do i personally dont want to keep him and i dont want to shoot him either

what do you think i should do i personally dont want to keep him and i dont want to shoot him either
So you don't want to keep him but you don't want to cull him either.... I would say you have left yourself very little wiggle room

Put an ad on CL and see if anyone would take him off your hands...I would be surprised if they do but you can try

Back
Top Bottom