ewwwwwww

lovesduckies

Bedroom Farm Inc.
10 Years
Jan 11, 2010
the ducky room
i'm sitting outside with my ducks (making sure my drake doesn't stand on my broody hen while she's eating, drinking, and bathing LOL) and i noticed a HUUUUUUUGE black widow in the big play car we have for my nieces and nephews to play with.
sickbyc.gif

i hate spiders and this house is infested with them. i usually suck them up in the vacuume MUAHAHAHAHA. but black widows give me the creeps.
sickbyc.gif

You know, it's funny you should post this today-I had thought about starting a thread about Black Widows today because in the last few weeks, we have found MANY of these vile things out around our coop, under our pool pumps, in the doghouse, etc. My DH has had SEVERAL close calls with them.
This is the worst we have seen them since we lived out here and I was just wondering if it was just us or if others had seen more than normal.
I HATE THEM!!!!!

I hate spiders also!!!
I found a brown recluse in my bathroom last night and I was scared to go to bed because I thought another one might fall on me.
And we have a lot of Black Widows here, and if I see one on the ground, I will step on it and smush it with joy.
big_smile.png

But if it's hanging in a web, I usually get...something..and squish it.
tongue.png

I HATE SPIDERS!!
hide.gif
But I like the little jumpy ones.
big_smile.png

Pitcure, if you will, two very pregnant young ladies on a hot HOT summer day (insert red sweaty faces here), hunched over in a very duck-like fashion, with a can of hairspray and a lighter.... this is how my friend and I took care of the infestation she had in her first house...

My mother's friend used to buy alot of stuff off the TV. She offhandedly bought the brown recluse traps they sell one day and put them out around her home...under her bed etc. When she checked it, it was full!!! She got scared and started sleeping on the couch til she could get the exterminator out there. When he came, he looked all around and found their nest......you guessed it..........UNDER THE COUCH!!!
sickbyc.gif
She got rid of them and never got bit but I'm here to tell you, the traps work!

My house too, is infested with small barn spiders. It's like they come in here to breed and have babies, then disappear. Personally I don't mind spiders (We don't have poisoneous ones around here that I know of), but my brother....hehehe I would have lots of fun when he stayed over
lol.png

I just killed a brown recluse in my bathroom a few nights ago. We have had a monthly spider spray since we moved into this house almost 2 years ago, and it had been a long time since I had seen a living one (though I find dead ones along the baseboards every once in a while). Spiders creep me out anyway, and I can hardly stand the idea of ones that could rot an arm off living in my walls! I've seen a couple of black widows outside, but fortunately they usually stay in their webs (making them easier to kill) and not walking across my floor.

We use sticky traps on the floor in the corners for mice, and I was sure that they would catch a lot of spiders too, but so far, in a year, I have caught maybe 4 spiders on 6 different traps. Not bad for an old drafty farm house!

I have to agree here. I despise spiders...except for the little non-poisonous jumping spiders. Those things are just awesome.
lol.png
We've had an alarmingly HUGE number of black widows this year...we found a big spider web with a HUGE black widow by our pool...plus I freaked myself out last night cause my cat was making a weird sound in my room so I said "What's wrong honeybun?" And low and behold...A SCORPION was like right in front of her and it was GI-FREAKING GANTIC.
sickbyc.gif
I screamed...very loudly might I add.
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom