Exciting New Section On BYC - BYC COMMUNITY RECIPES

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by Nifty-Chicken, Nov 13, 2010.

1. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Recipes have always been a HUGE part of BYC. We've got such amazingly talented individuals that have great cooking skills. Oh, and of course we have even more visitors to the site that like to try out and taste their creations! [​IMG]

We've been working on a new robust system for our community member to submit, rate, and comment on recipes. We're really excited about it and hope you'll love it!

It is still in the early stages, and there will be a bunch of formatting changes and additions, but the functionality is about 99% finished. So, instead of making everybody wait for us to have it 100% sparkly perfect and missing out on some great cooking time during the holidays, we figured we'd release the program to the wild and start you all playing with it!

So, here it is, the BYC Community Recipe System: img/smilies/celebrate.gif" alt="celebrate" />">https://www.backyardchickens.com/recipes/

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

If you have any questions or problems with this new system, please post them here.

A couple notes:

1) The system is still a work in process, so let us know if you have any problems or find bugs
    2) You MUST be a BYC member and logged in to post a recipe or a comment
    3) The system doesn't support edits of recipes, so once it is submitted you can't go back in to edit it. With that said, if you have changes, new pictures, etc. you can email [email protected] byc and we'll make the changes / additions

Want to win a free BYC Cookbook? Well, then get cooking and then post your pics here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=419773

2. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    Yeah!!!!! this sounds like FUN! [​IMG]

3. chicken stalker

chicken stalker TOS Rocks!

Aug 31, 2008
    Binghamton, NY
    Quote:[​IMG]

4. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG]

Any chance for another BYC cookbook?

5. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    So where is this going to be found on the forum? In the index?

6. bburn

bburn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2010
    Delaware, Arkansas
    I love this! I am always looking for new recipes and I save them in the computer. That brings up my question. How do we SAVE the recipes posted. Right now I copy/paste them into a Word Doc. Is there another way?

Have a new egg custard pie in the oven.....will post it if it turns out nicely!

7. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Quote:We don't have plans for another cookbook, so we can't say either way. If we ever do print a new one, it won't be for quite a while.

Quote:It will be linked to from the main left menu of BYC and maybe at the top with the other BYC sections.

Quote:No reason to save them into a Word Doc... they will always be in the new system organized and ready when you need them. [​IMG]

8. katharinad

katharinad Overrun with chickens

It would be more helpful if you can search by various types of eggs. It also misses a cake section.

9. ADozenGirlz

ADozenGirlz The Chicken Chick[IMG]emojione/assets/png/00ae.png

Oct 18, 2009
    Connecticut
    FUN!!! Count me in! [​IMG]

10. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    BRILLIANT! Thank you Nifty!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by