Exciting New Section On BYC - BYC COMMUNITY RECIPES

Thanksgiving is Thursday, so I hope to see many new recipes posted by WEDNESDAY!!!!
big_smile.png
Make sure you post your pics on the contest thread too!!

Quote:
annaraven had a great post here and echos what I understand as the guide to copyright, which is basically:

1) Ingredients in recipes can't be copyrighted, but the "instructions" (information about how the ingredients are prepared) can have copyright.
2) Making the instructions "your own" by writing how you combine, prepare, etc. should be enough to no infringe on an existing copyright.
3) Copyright is automatically implied for anything you write or post anywhere (print or online). So, if you create a new recipe with ingredients and instructions and post it on BYC, any copyright would be automatic and would be yours. With that said, we do have disclaimers on BYC that you give BYC rights to also use the recipes when posted.

It is all pretty tricky stuff, but the bottom line: Don't just copy and paste directly from another cookbook, website, etc. If you love the recipe, make it "your own" and then post it.

Thanks for all the feedback and ideas everybody!!! We're keeping track of all of them. Some have been implemented, some will be implemented very soon, and some will be on the "to consider" list.
smile.png

Keep the ideas and recipes coming!

Hi Nifty! I've been having some fun adding recipes and photos to the site but have made some mistakes and need to add some photos. I emailed the issues to [email protected] address over a week ago but they don't seem to be getting applied. Could you possibly look into it for me? Thanks!

These two links are for a stew recipe, but they're in the wrong category (appetizers). They can just be deleted. I added them in "Main Dishes" myself.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/recipes/?p=recipe&recipe=443
https://www.backyardchickens.com/recipes/?p=recipe&recipe=444

I also sent two photos to add to my "Dirty Rice" recipe, which did not get added:
recipe link: https://www.backyardchickens.com/recipes/?p=recipe&recipe=474

43104_dirty_rice_mixture.jpg

43104_dirty_rice_completed.jpg

Finally, I had a correction to my Shepherd's Pie recipe:
The recipe in the following link is missing the instruction to add the creamed corn. The instructions currently reads:

“In a casserole dish, put half of the mashed potatoes on the bottom and spread evenly. Layer beef/onion mixture on top of potatoes. Dollop remaining mashed potatoes on top of beef mixture and then spread evenly all over top (the scattered dollops of potato will make it easier to spread evenly without getting too much beef mixed into the top of the potatoes).
Sprinkle top with some paprika for color.”

They SHOULD read:

“In a casserole dish, put half of the mashed potatoes on the bottom and spread evenly. Layer beef/onion mixture on top of potatoes. Spoon creamed corn over the top of the beef mixture. Dollop remaining mashed potatoes on top of beef mixture and then spread evenly all over top (the scattered dollops of potato will make it easier to spread evenly without getting too much beef mixed into the top of the potatoes).
Sprinkle top with some paprika for color.”
https://www.backyardchickens.com/recipes/?p=recipe&recipe=473

Thanks again!

I didnt read this whole thread to see if this was addressed, but I just went to the recipe website, browsed about a bit, then couldnt figure out how to get back to BYC. I had to go to my bookmarks and go back that way. Is there anyway to go directly from the Recipe page to BYC, or am I just missing it?

Quote:
Good point here. I had to use my "back" button several times to return to BYC. We definitely need a link in the header of the new recipe section.

Quote:
I was thinking that would be a nice feature if you put an icon beside the recipe name to indicate when photos are available for that recipe.

I just want to take this time to thank everyone for sharing your recipes with BYC. I have tried a couple of recipes already and I have so enjoyed them
big_smile.png
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom