Administrator
BYC Staff
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Dec 26, 2006
California - SF East Bay
My Coop
My Coop
Recipes have always been a HUGE part of BYC. We've got such amazingly talented individuals that have great cooking skills. Oh, and of course we have even more visitors to the site that like to try out and taste their creations!
big_smile.png

We've been working on a new robust system for our community member to submit, rate, and comment on recipes. We're really excited about it and hope you'll love it!

It is still in the early stages, and there will be a bunch of formatting changes and additions, but the functionality is about 99% finished. So, instead of making everybody wait for us to have it 100% sparkly perfect and missing out on some great cooking time during the holidays, we figured we'd release the program to the wild and start you all playing with it!

So, here it is, the BYC Community Recipe System:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/categories/recipes.14/

woot.gif

droolin.gif
droolin.gif
droolin.gif

If you have any questions or problems with this new system, please post them here.

A couple notes:

1) The system is still a work in process, so let us know if you have any problems or find bugs
2) You MUST be a BYC member and logged in to post a recipe or a comment
3) The system doesn't support edits of recipes, so once it is submitted you can't go back in to edit it. With that said, if you have changes, new pictures, etc. you can email support@ byc and we'll make the changes / additions

Want to win a free BYC Cookbook? Well, then get cooking and then post your pics here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=419773

I love this! I am always looking for new recipes and I save them in the computer. That brings up my question. How do we SAVE the recipes posted. Right now I copy/paste them into a Word Doc. Is there another way?

Have a new egg custard pie in the oven.....will post it if it turns out nicely!

Quote:
We don't have plans for another cookbook, so we can't say either way. If we ever do print a new one, it won't be for quite a while.

Quote:
It will be linked to from the main left menu of BYC and maybe at the top with the other BYC sections.

Quote:
No reason to save them into a Word Doc... they will always be in the new system organized and ready when you need them.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom