Extreme uncontrollable pooping

Is the poop constantly coming out or did she just have a couple of huge ones?
Almost seems as if she was blocked up and it finally broke free. I’m guessing here.
I just know it’s happened to my dogs and well...to me too!:oops:
That was the first and so far only time she’s pooped like that. So maybe that could be it?

Maybe she ate something that disagreed with her. If she were mine, I would be encouraging her to drink and would try the cooked white rice. It's possible she stopped because her GI tract is empty at the moment. Please note, the white rice has zero nutritional value. But that extreme pooping could be dangerous (dehydrating).

When you used the Safeguard, did you treat again a week to ten days after that?

If she had a heavy load of worms, and had them for a while, they may have started an intestinal inflammation that is now a raging bacterial infection.

Worms can cause diarrhea. They can cause infection. Your little Silkie may have both.

First order of treatment is to get some fluids into her. You are probably going to need to tube her. It's not hard, and it's the best way to get the necessary fluids into her. Unless she gets fluids right away, you could run the risk of losing her before morning.

She's going to need worming again, and an antibiotic. I need for @casportpony or @Eggcessive to chime in on the recommendation of the best antibiotic and dosing. A sulfa drug might be called for in this case.
Thank you for the help! I gave her water, and she has been drinking. I’ll try the tube if she doesn’t consistently get fluids. Or should I just try it right away? That infection sounds nasty, I’ll get whatever medicine I need to help her get better. I’m just hoping that she’ll make it to morning so I can treat her better.

Maybe she ate something that disagreed with her. If she were mine, I would be encouraging her to drink and would try the cooked white rice. It's possible she stopped because her GI tract is empty at the moment. Please note, the white rice has zero nutritional value. But that extreme pooping could be dangerous (dehydrating).
Ok, I’ll cook some rice for her now. Hopefully she eats it.

I’ll definitely try that right now.

Also, might be a stupid question, but what is a fecal float test?

This is a test typically performed by a vet (or lab) where they look for organisms in the poop like worms or coccidia (protozoa). Most vet offices can perform this, even if they do not see chickens.

Back
Top Bottom