Extremely concerned about my niece!

Glad to hear that it isn't something more serious!
caf.gif

Quote:
That was going to be my guess back when I first read the OP but, since they aren't that common in young kids, didn't offer it. Seems like if she were prone to them any Dr. or even a smart RN should have check that first. Having had them myself I can attest to their severity--they can even cause temporary dementia. Fortunately a antibiotic will knock them down but make sure she stays on it long enough to kill everything because they can become chronic. Glad to hear she's better--nothing like having a kid be sick at Christmas time.

wow I didn't even think about that because its usually one of the first things doctors rule out. My Niece is super prone to them and all the exact same symptoms too plus nausea, just this year alone she has had 6 of them. I keep telling my SIL to stop using chemicals in the tub when cleaning it and to avoid bubble bath, and to also double rinse her under garments, but she just doesn't listen, she argues those aren't reasons why she gets UTI's. I gave her those tips from personal experience and because even my DD used to get them.

I now wash the tub before every use with baby shampoo and straight hot water. My Dd has not had one in years and same with me. For bubble bath, because they just Loveeeee bubbles I use baby body wash because I know it doesn't affect her.

With that said, I am really happy it wasn't anything too serious and hope her tummy pain goes away real soon and is back to her normal self in a jiffy :-D Its a good day when everything works out!!!
ya.gif

Hey cindiloohoo,WHATEVER you do, do not buy her a small christmas tree for her hospital room. My DH when he was 9 was hospitalized with a bone infection, his parents gave him his personal tree. Now 41 years later we have to still put up that pitiful little tree. Trying to save you some heart ache.
lau.gif

I will pray for her and you too. I am sorry you are going through this, it is hard to watch a child not feeling well. She is in good hands though at the hospital, and when my daughter once was in severe pain and I thought it was appendix (turned out to be GAS!!!) they told me it was more of a dull ache than a sharp pain so I can tell the difference next time.
My girls are 13 and 15 now, and I still worry when they don't feel well, even if they simply have cramps!

You are a good aunt to be there for her.
hugs.gif

Well I FINALLY got a hold of her mother yesterday and she is there at the hospital with her(since 7:30 last night), which tickled Hannah to death
smile.png
Though my sister has done much I disagree with I am SOOOO glad she is there now for her little one. The kid is getting better, and hasn't seen her mother in the last 2 years, so she is ecstatic to have her stay with her and is actually having fun in the hospital
wink.png
She may be able to go home tomorrow. Her white blood cell count is down to 12000 now....holding out for normal
fl.gif
If she will continue to eat and get her appetite back, and blood cell count gets back to normal range, they should release her with some extra antibiotics tomorrow afternoon. Her fever did shoot back up to 103.1 last night, but the infection is slowly leaving her little body. Thank you all very much for praying, and she is glad to have so many of Aunt Cindi's friends on her side through this
lol.png
She is a sweetie, and wanted to make sure I thanked you all again for her
love.gif
God bless every one of you, I am thankful myself to have such a supportive group of folks to help in times of need. You all have been a great comfort
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom