EYE spy?!

Aug 18, 2021
I've 4 new easter eggers, this is one, but has anyone seen an eye like this before?
This is my first round of easter eggers, and brings me up to 40 chickens have raised so far.
Oh they grow up so fast, lol

If anyone has seen this, what does it potentially indicate?
If anything?
Pics dont do it justice. The iris is a lovely shade of lightest blue, and the pupil is oddly shaped.
This is on both eyes, tho she wouldn't cooperate for the left eye, lol
She responds to visual stimuli.
So not blind
Opinions?
I should add i do not know the parent breeds other than the blue egg genetic of Aracauna or Americauna

Attachments

• IMG_20220424_155717641.jpg
    IMG_20220424_155717641.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20220424_155652156~2.jpg
    IMG_20220424_155652156~2.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 5
I'm not really seeing an issue. Can you please point out exactly what you're concerned about?
"General breed discussions and FAQ".
Is this the wrong thread?
I wasn't actually concerned about anything. Thought the eye was odd enough to seek advice on.
I'm glad i did.
I learned here that there's a potential for Marek's disease when eye oddities show up - and while I'm now waiting for a test result, I'm not blending these 6 in with the other 34, who share a big orchard. That info may have saved my flock.

"General breed discussions and FAQ".
Is this the wrong thread?
I wasn't actually concerned about anything. Thought the eye was odd enough to seek advice on.
I'm glad i did.
I learned here that there's a potential for Marek's disease when eye oddities show up - and while I'm now waiting for a test result, I'm not blending these 6 in with the other 34, who share a big orchard. That info may have saved my flock.
Ah, I see. That's why I was confused. This probably should have gone into the "Managing your Flock" forum instead. But I'm glad you got the information you needed!

Back
Top Bottom