Falling Down Heights, my daily life

Pics
I put the goose eggs (and duck eggs!) in the MeeF after cleaning it out. Haven't turned on the auto-turner yet, letting them sit for a day first. I also let the goose eggs sit for 24 hours after getting the here.

Please keep your fingers crossed and send me all your good vibes!

Little cheepers are doing well, and still pooping up a storm.

Outdoors, it's gotten colder again, going below freezing at night and not much above during the day. Some leftover snow in the woods and in shady areas. Took Taiyo (the dog) out for a long walk in there. He loved it.

I put the goose eggs (and duck eggs!) in the MeeF after cleaning it out. Haven't turned on the auto-turner yet, letting them sit for a day first. I also let the goose eggs sit for 24 hours after getting the here.

Outdoors, it's gotten colder again, going below freezing at night and not much above during the day. Some leftover snow in the woods and in shady areas. Took Taiyo (the dog) out for a long walk in there. He loved it.

Hoping for a great hatch for all the waterfowl :fl !

Hopefully it warms up soon enough

Sending good hatching vibes your way Wind, stay warm up there too! ❤

Happy Easter, folks! Even you Fluffy, although yours isn't today!

Joyeuses Paques Bunny GIF

So today I had *enough*. The young rooster my broody had hatched out last year was becoming a pain, harassing the hens while inside the coop. Every morning and every evening I'd hear the kerfuffle in there and it had to stop.

I was going to keep him for another few weeks until the auction on April 20th, but his antics have been getting worse. During the day, he's spend his time on top of the coop to get away from my main roo, Big Red. I'd give him food and water there, too.

So, today he was culled.

While I was at it, I figured I should do one of the extra drakes I had, too.

Babies all seem to be doing well. Everybody else also looks well.

20240330_143631.jpg

Back
Top Bottom